All private employees receive employment protection under state law and the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Whether it is intentional or inadvertent, of Employers violate the laws that are there for YOUR PROTECTION. Sometimes it is an honest mistake. However, more frequently, it is intentional and driven by Employer greed in an effort to maximize profits while taking advantage of the workers. Either way, the common theme is that we work hard to ensure you get what you deserve. You earned it!
Common Wage & Hour Claims
Our experienced employee lawyers take great pride in building strong relationships with our clients. We become as invested in our clients’ successes as they are, and we know that these relationships help build strong cases against employers who have violated state or federal laws for:
- Failure to pay overtime
- Failure to pay agreed wages
- Failure to pay final check on time
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay a base wage and instead have an employee work on “tips only”
- Failure to allow employees to keep the tips they earned and have illegal tip sharing
- Failure to properly classify an employee (exempt vs. non-exempt)
- Failure to provide proper meal and break times
- Failure to pay vacation time
- Failure to maintain time and payroll records
- Failure to pay for travel time
- Failure to appropriately track bonuses or commissions
- Requiring “off the clock” time from employees
- Taking retaliatory action against employees who raise pay concerns
If your employer has committed any of the items listed above, or any other wage-and-hour related item, reach out to our law firm immediately. We can help you start the process of recuperating your lost pay.
We Represent Either Party in a Wage & Hour Law Dispute
While the bulk of our employment law practice involves representing employees, we do offer defense services to employers that are facing wage and hour law claims. Knowing how both sides must work in these cases is a benefit that we can bring to any client.
Employment-Related Matters Are All We Handle
Our legal team here at Bell Law Group only handles employment law concerns. We do not dabble in other areas of law, but instead take great care to constantly stay abreast of what matters in the area of federal employment law. We make a formidable team here thanks to our decades of combined experience, our knowledge of the various agencies involved and the legal process.
Learn How We Can Help You With Your Wage & Hour Law Dispute
Call our employment law firm at 855-333-2889 or contact our New York law office online to discuss your potential wage-and-hour law matter. We will review the circumstances of your case and strive to take quick steps to effectively resolve the situation for you. Learn more by reaching out to us to schedule your free initial consultation.