Employment Law for Federal Employees
The Bell Law Group focuses on representing Federal Employees in the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The scope of our representation involves matters relating to removals, suspensions, demotions, reductions in force (RIFs), discrimination based on race, national origin, age, religion and disability, whistleblower reprisal, and disciplinary investigations.
The Bell Law Group is one of only a few attorneys in the New York City region who focuses solely on the unique and complex legal needs of Federal Employees. Notwithstanding, he is qualified to handle your case in any state. He understands that the employee’s desire to continue with the Federal Government in good standing is often the most important goal. In most cases, his clients have dedicated their entire lives to civil service, and disciplinary proceedings and/or EEOC matters represent the “darkest days” of their careers. In understanding this, Jonathan Bell handles his cases vehemently, always with an eye toward resolution. Mr. Bell’s approach allows his clients to have their day in court and then move forward, realizing that litigation should never run an individual’s life.
Here is a sampling of the variety of issues we can handle:
- Security clearance: Your security clearance status affects your employment opportunities. Do not risk the denial or loss of your clearance. Call on us for help, whether you are at risk of losing your security clearance or you would like help applying for security clearance to make the best of your initial application.
- Disability retirement: The application process for obtaining disability retirement benefits is full of strict requirements and often-confusing guidelines. Turn to our federal employee rights lawyers for help at any stage of the application process to ensure you are putting your best case forward. We are also available to pursue an appeal if you received a denial for your initial request for disability retirements benefits.
- Merit System Protections Board (MSPB): We aggressively pursue cases involving wrongful removal, suspensions, involuntary transfers or resignations, IRA appeals and more in front of the MSPB. Throughout our more than 100 years of combined experience, we have become familiar with the unique procedures that the MSPB follows, which means we can move you through these claims as efficiently as possible, allowing you to save both time and money.
- Disciplinary and performance actions: We work hard on your behalf, seeking a dismissal or reduction in action in cases involving proposals for removal, proposals for a downgrade and proposals for suspension. We will fight to resolve your situation as quickly and effectively as possible, as we know how much one of these proposals can affect your whole career.
- Employment discrimination and retaliation: We have a great depth of experience, backed by significant results, within the field of employment discrimination cases involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While our past results cannot guarantee success in your situation, you can trust that we have the hands-on experience you need and the personal conviction to do well for you that you deserve. Turn to our team whether you are thinking about filing a formal complaint or if you are in the midst of litigation and require a strong legal advocate by your side.
- Whistleblower actions: Federal employees receive strong legal protection in whistleblower actions. If your employer retaliated against you in any form after you shared information, you deserve a litigator who can help you right a wrong.
We are not afraid to take on any agency that uses negative or harmful employment practices. In fact, we have already represented employees in claims against a variety of federal governmental agencies, including:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Customs and Border Patrol (CBP)
- Senior Executive Service (SES)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Do not be alarmed if you do not see your employer listed here. This list is just an example of the breadth of our case work. If you work for the federal government and your employer’s actions harmed your job, give us a call.Contact Our Federal Employee Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you believe your federal employer has wronged you in any way, and that wrong has affected your employment, contact our employee advocates law firm. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience and a strong track record of success, we believe we are the firm for you. Schedule your free consultation to see if that is true. We will discuss your situation, our approach to representation and provide you with several options.