Whether you are an employer or an employee, you hold a certain threshold of rights. These rights are equally protected by federal law, New York State law, and New York City law. This is why it may be in your best interest to have access to an employment lawyer in the event that these rights are ever violated. Read on to discover more benefits of hiring one of the seasoned Nassau County, NY employment lawyers at Bell Law Group.
What are the advantages of hiring an employment lawyer?
As an employee, you must ensure that your employer is not taking advantage of you or your rights in any way. And so, it is advantageous to hire an employment lawyer if any of the following situations arise:
- You believe that you are being sexually harassed in your workplace.
- You believe that you are being racially discriminated against in your workplace.
- You believe that your employer is giving you an unfair contract.
- You believe that your employer is giving you unfair pay.
- You believe that your employer wrongfully disciplined you.
- You believe that your employer wrongfully terminated you.
On the other hand, as an employer, you are responsible for a lot of moving parts. So you do not want one wrong move to jeopardize your entire business. With that being said, hiring an employment lawyer may work to your benefit in the following scenarios:
- You need to review your workplace’s regulatory compliance.
- You need to create an employee contract that is legal and ethical.
- You need to create a workplace policy that is legal and ethical.
- You need to create Human Resources and management training that follows best practices.
- You need to create a severance package that will help you avoid litigation in the long run.
- You need to protect yourself from a wrongful termination claim, even though you had every right to fire an employee.
When should I hire a lawyer?
It is always useful to have an employment lawyer at your disposal in the event that any workplace issues arise. But at any rate, you must retain legal representation as soon as you decide to file a claim or as soon as you have been served with a claim.
And if you are an employee who is wishing to take legal action against a negligent employer, then you must be made aware of New York State’s statute of limitations. This is usually three years from the date of your workplace incident. Otherwise, you will indefinitely miss out on your opportunity for justice.
So, before it is too late, you must contact one of the competent Nassau County, NY employment lawyers today. We are ready and willing to take on your case.