Bell Law Group focuses on representing Federal Employees in the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The scope of our representation involves matters relating to removals, suspensions, demotions, reductions in force (RIFs), discrimination based on race, national origin, age, religion and disability, whistleblower reprisal, and disciplinary investigations. If you’re a federal employee facing an employment-related issue, simply contact a federal employee rights lawyer from Bell Law Group today.
Employment Lawyers For Federal Employees
Our Nassau County employee rights lawyer is one of only a few attorneys in the New York City region who focuses solely on the unique and complex legal needs of Federal Employees. Notwithstanding, he is qualified to handle your case in any state. He understands that the employee’s desire to continue with the Federal Government in good standing is often the most important goal. In most cases, his clients have dedicated their entire lives to civil service, and disciplinary proceedings and/or EEOC matters represent the “darkest days” of their careers. In understanding this, Jon Bell handles his cases vehemently, always with an eye toward resolution. Mr. Bell’s approach allows his clients to have their day in court and then move forward, realizing that litigation should never run an individual’s life.
Our Federal Employee Rights Services
Here is a sampling of the variety of issues we can handle:
- Security Clearance: Your security clearance status affects your employment opportunities. Do not risk the denial or loss of your clearance. Call on us for help, whether you are at risk of losing your security clearance or you would like help applying for security clearance to make the best of your initial application.
- Disability Retirement: The application process for obtaining disability retirement benefits is full of strict requirements and often-confusing guidelines. Turn to our federal employee rights lawyers for help at any stage of the application process to ensure you are putting your best case forward. We are also available to pursue an appeal if you received a denial for your initial request for disability retirement benefits.
- Merit System Protections Board (MSPB): We aggressively pursue cases involving wrongful removal, suspensions, involuntary transfers or resignations, IRA appeals, and more in front of the MSPB. Throughout our more than 100 years of combined experience, we have become familiar with the unique procedures that the MSPB follows, which means we can move you through these claims as efficiently as possible, allowing you to save both time and money.
- Disciplinary and Performance Actions: We work hard on your behalf, seeking a dismissal or reduction in action in cases involving proposals for removal, proposals for a downgrade, and proposals for suspension. We will fight to resolve your situation as quickly and effectively as possible, as we know how much one of these proposals can affect your whole career.
- Employment Discrimination and Retaliation: We have a great depth of experience, backed by significant results, within the field of employment discrimination cases involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While our past results cannot guarantee success in your situation, you can trust that we have the hands-on experience you need and the personal conviction to do well for you that you deserve. Turn to our team whether you are thinking about filing a formal complaint or if you are in the midst of litigation and require a strong legal advocate by your side.
- Whistleblower Litigation: Federal employees receive strong legal protection in whistleblower actions. If your employer retaliated against you in any form after you shared information, you deserve a litigator who can help you right a wrong.
We Will Stand Up Against Bad Employee Practices From Any Agency
We are not afraid to take on any agency that uses negative or harmful employment practices. In fact, our federal employee rights lawyer has already represented employees in claims against a variety of federal governmental agencies, including:
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Customs and Border Patrol (CBP)
- Senior Executive Service (SES)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- U.S. Postal Office (USPS)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
Do not be alarmed if you do not see your employer listed here. This list is just an example of the breadth of our casework. If you work for the federal government and your employer’s actions harmed your job, give us a call.
Known and Respected as Excellent Litigators by Federal Employment Judges
The majority of judges assigned to federal employment law matters know our names and respect our work. This is due in large part to the manner in which we hold ourselves in court and the expansive knowledge base we have created over the decades. It is our skills and our dedication to our clients’ well-being that garner attention and referrals from past clients and opposing counsel.
Contact Our Federal Employee Rights Lawyer for a Free Strategy Session
If you believe your federal employer has wronged you in any way, and that wrong has affected your employment, contact our employee advocates law firm. With more than 100 years of combined legal experience and a strong track record of success, we believe we are the firm for you. We serve clients in New York & throughout the United States, including in Florida, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Connecticut.