All private employees receive employment protection under state law and the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Mismanagement of state law or FLSA standards can result in expensive damages for the employer and extensive litigation time for the employee. The best way to avoid such expenses on either side of the equation is for both employees and employers to work closely with an experienced wage and hour law lawyer who is deeply familiar with both state and federal employment laws. You will find such an attorney at Bell Law Group, PLLC.
Common Wage & Hour Claims Our New York Lawyers Handle
Our experienced employee lawyers take great pride in building strong relationships with our clients. We become as invested in our clients’ successes as they are, and we know that these relationships help build strong cases against employers who have violated state or federal laws for:
- Failure to pay overtime
- Failure to pay agreed-upon wages
- Failure to pay final check on time
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay a base wage and instead have an employee work on “tips only”
- Failure to allow employees to keep the tips they earned and have illegal tip sharing
- Failure to properly classify an employee (exempt vs. non-exempt)
- Failure to provide proper meal and break times
- Failure to pay vacation time
- Failure to maintain time and payroll records
- Failure to pay for travel time
- Failure to appropriately track bonuses or commissions
- Requiring “off the clock” time from employees
- Taking retaliatory action against employees who raise pay concerns
If your employer has committed any of the items listed above, or any other wage-and-hour-related item, reach out to our law firm immediately. A wage & hour lawyer from our firm can help you start the process of recuperating your lost pay.
We Represent Either Party in a Wage & Hour Law Dispute
While the bulk of our employment law practice involves representing employees, we do offer defense services to employers that are facing wage and hour law claims. Knowing how both sides must work in these cases is a benefit that we can bring to any client.
Employment-Related Matters Are All We Handle
Our legal team here at Bell Law Group only handles employment law concerns. We do not dabble in other areas of law, but instead, take great care to constantly stay abreast of what matters in the area of federal employment law. We make a formidable team here thanks to our more than 100 years of combined experience, our knowledge of the various agencies involved, and the legal process.
Learn How We Can Help You With Your Wage & Hour Law Dispute
Call our employment law firm at 855-566-2355 or contact our New York law office online to discuss your potential wage-and-hour law matter. We will review the circumstances of your case and strive to take quick steps to effectively resolve the situation for you. Learn more by reaching out to us to schedule your free strategy session.