Chaya Gourarie is a Partner of the Bell Law Group, PLLC. Ms. Gourarie focuses her practice on labor and employment law. She litigates all aspects of employer-employee relations, including hiring, compensation, classifications, accommodations, as well as internal investigations, disciplinary and termination activity. Ms. Gourarie also litigates claims of sexual harassment, employment discrimination, and wage-and-hour claims.
Ms. Gourarie has additionally aggressively litigated cases pursuant to the Child Victim Act (“CVA”) to obtain justice for victims of childhood sexual abuse.
Ms. Gourarie has demonstrated exceptional ability when it comes to legal analysis and writing. She is adept at parsing apart complex legal issues and identifying winning legal arguments. Through her professional legal experience, which includes extensive motion and appellate practice, Ms. Gourarie has developed a thorough grasp of employment law and is regularly sought after by her colleagues for strategic advice and practice pointers.
Ms. Gourarie is a member of the New York City Bar Association (“NYCBA”) and is an active member of its Labor and Employment Committee. Likewise, Ms. Gourarie is a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers (“NAWL”), where she is part of NAWL’s editorial board for the Women Lawyers Journal (WLJ).
Ms. Gourarie has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers since 2018. She lives in Staten Island and enjoys spending time with her family.
Court & Bar Admissions
- Admitted in New York State
- United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Wayne State University Law School (2012)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2018
- “I’m not Disabled: I’m Pregnant,” Women Lawyers Journal (WLJ), Vol. 107, No. 1-2 (December 2022).
- Co-Chair and Panelist, “Bringing It Home: Pregnancy, Parental and Caregiver Rights in The Workplace,” NYCBA, New York, New York, April 25, 2023.
- Lead Panelist, NYCBA 2023 Annual Employment Law Institute, “Wage and Hour Updates,” New York, New York, March 3, 2023.
- Speaker, “Top 10 Questions Employees Ask About Wage and Hour Law,” (Webinar), New York, N.Y., August 16, 2022.
- Lead Panelist and Facilitator, “Pregnancy & Parental Rights in the Workplace: Best Practices During Times of Change,” NYCBA, New York, New York, January 20, 2022.
- Appearance on Freedom FM 104.7, “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace,” Brooklyn, New York, December 20, 2021.
- Lead Panelist, NYCBA 6th Annual Employment Law Institute, “Wage and Hour Updates,” New York, New York, March 6, 2020.
- Panelist, NYCBA 5th Annual Employment Law Institute, “Navigating Employment Classification Issues: Tips from the Pros,” New York, New York, March 8, 2019.