The potential loss of your security clearance likely means the impending loss of your job. With such a drastic consequence looming in front of you, you want to make sure you take swift, aggressive action. That is where a federal security clearance lawyer from our firm can help. Contact Bell Law Group, PLLC today to schedule your initial consultation.
Lawyers Guiding You through the Security Clearance Appeals Process
At The Bell Law Group, we have extensive experience representing government employees, employees of government contractors, and military personnel in security clearance appeals before administrative law judges (ALJs) and the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA). Due to our experience, we understand the importance of acting and providing thorough representation to our clients. Turn to a federal employee rights lawyer from our firm for the dedicated legal advocacy you require at all stages of the security clearance appeals process:
- Statement of reasons letter: The best time to reach out to a lawyer is right after you learn of your suspension or revocation. We can request that you receive a statement of reasons letter (SOR) or a letter of intent (LOI) that explains why the government made its decision. At this stage, we have numerous avenues available to us to appeal the revocation or suspension. This also gives us as much time as possible to prepare for your potential hearing.
- Hearing/personal appearance (PA): Your hearing may be a simple chance to personally appear and provide your reasons for why you believe the federal government should not revoke your clearance. It could also require a more involved process and additional information. We know what is required at each hearing before a variety of agencies. We can help you properly prepare so you have the best chance of success.
- Appeal: Appealing an adverse decision from a hearing is not an easy process. Additionally, your chances of success are slim. Your chances do improve, however, if you work closely with an experienced lawyer who has handled similar cases as yours. You’ll find such a lawyer at our Washington, D.C. law firm.
What to Do if You Think You Are at Risk for Losing Your Security Clearance
If your agency has revoked or suspended your security clearance, or if you believe you are about to lose your clearance, take action:
- Call a knowledgeable federal security appeals lawyer immediately.
- Explain to your lawyer in as much detail as possible why you think this is happening.
- Continue to work, ensuring that you maintain a strong performance record.
- Provide your lawyer with any and all related documentation surrounding your clearance.
- Trust that your lawyer is taking every step possible to reinstate your clearance and protect your employment.
We know this is a scary, confusing time. We will do what we can to clear up any confusion and make sure that you know what you are facing.
We offer a Free Strategy Session. After the free strategy session, if we believe we can help you, we charge a flat fee of $9,750 dollars at the outset of the case. If we are not successful, we return the full $9,750. The only additional costs that must be paid are the expenses, which are non-refundable.
We know that losing your clearance will result in losing your job and income and we understand the stress that comes with now paying a fee for a lawyer. In understanding this, we strive to provide you with the best representation possible. We offer honest case evaluations and do not stop until every angle is uncovered in coming up with a strategy to win the case. Once you are a client, you will see that our goal is to exceed your expectations, which we do over and over again.
We Are On Your Side
You are probably reading this because you were served with a Statement of Reasons (SOR), Letter of Intent (LOI), and/or have an upcoming hearing on your Security Clearance. We are glad you found us and we are confident you can help. We handle all kinds of government concerns, including, but not limited to any combination of the following:
- Guideline A: Allegiance to the United States
- Guideline B: Foreign Influence
- Guideline C: Foreign Preference
- Guideline D: Sexual Behavior
- Guideline E: Personal Conduct
- Guideline F: Financial Considerations
- Guideline G: Alcohol Consumption
- Guideline H: Drug Involvement
- Guideline I: Psychological Conditions
- Guideline J: Criminal Conduct
- Guideline K: Handling Protected Information
- Guideline L: Outside Activities
- Guideline M: Use of Information Technology Systems
You need a Law Firm that knows how to mitigate each and every one of these concerns. We have strategies that are trial-tested. In addition to successful strategies we have used in the past, we are never afraid to try new strategies on a case-by-case basis where we see fit. We work as a team with our clients to provide the information necessary to place you in the best chance for success.
The Bell Law Group is the firm you need for all your Security Clearance matters. The firm represents private-sector employees (employees of government contractors), federal employees, and military personnel who are in jeopardy of losing their Security Clearance. In addition, we can assist you in the application process (completing the SF-86, EPSQ, and SF-85P) to ensure you have the best possible chance of obtaining clearance. Whether you are applying for or fighting to retain any level of clearance (confidential, secret, or top-secret clearance; Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI); or Special Access Programs (SAP)), The Bell Law Group is the firm you need.
What We Bring to the Table
Our lawyers clearly understand that a loss of Security Clearance most frequently results in discharge from your employment. Therefore, we do not take these matters lightly. We are zealous litigators who always believe that our client’s interests come first.
The lawyers in our Firm are well versed in the statutory laws governing Security Clearance Law, including Directive 5220.6 “Defense Industrial Personnel Security Clearance Review Program” and Regulation 5200.2-R “Personnel Security Program,” which guide many of DOHA’s decisions. The Firm can represent you in any forum, including in front of an Administrative Judge at the DOHA and, if necessary, a subsequent appeal.
The procedures that govern Private Sector Employees (Employees of Government Contractors) and Federal Employees differ. Therefore, you need experienced counsel that fully knows and understands the different procedures to secure the best possible outcome.
The Bell Law Group knows how to best represent you during any stage of your case, whether it is after you receive the Statement of Reasons (SOR), at the Hearing or Personal Appearance (PA), or on Appeal.
The Bell Law Group will give you the greatest opportunity to obtain your security clearance. Our attorneys study recent cases and court decisions involving clearance issues. We possess the requisite skill and ability to fight these cases by citing previous case law involving similar circumstances where clearances were granted.
Whether you are a Federal Employee or a contractor, the statistics are clear that hiring an experienced attorney to litigate for your clearance will give you a much greater chance of success. If you have been served with a “Letter of Intent” (LOI) or “Statement of Reasons” (SOR), we urge you to contact us immediately in that we have successfully disputed the allegations contained therein.
With respect to the cost of representation, we charge a Flat Fee. We guarantee the best possible representation. Given that the likelihood of success dramatically increases with a qualified attorney, you don’t want to be “pennywise pound-foolish” when it comes to your career. What makes us different from other Law Firms is our preparation of these cases as well as us potentially calling character witnesses to increase your chances of success. In addition, we are very responsive to your calls and emails, knowing that you are concerned about your case in that your livelihood is on the line. Give us a call now!
Our qualified attorneys are trial-tested and excel at Hearings in front of Administrative Law Judges. We regularly surpass expectations and often “think outside of the box” in preparing your defense. At the same time, we realize the importance of client input and would include you in the process.
It is critical to hire a qualified attorney prior to the DOHA hearing. It is a well-known fact that your chances greatly increase with a Hearing. Furthermore, you want to put your best efforts at this crucial stage, as Appealing an adverse decision very rarely results in a reversal.
It is also important to know that your adversary on the case is an attorney who specializes in defending these matters for the Government. If you want to equal the playing field, you will contact us now! We know how to successfully mitigate and dispute the evidence presented by the Attorneys for the Government. Being trial attorneys, we are very familiar with the Federal Rules of Evidence, which may be an important difference in the outcome of your case in that the Judge may not consider evidence submitted in inadmissible form.
Contact a Federal Security Clearance Lawyer Today
There are more than 10 factors that add up to your security clearance approval or rejection. It is imperative that you thoroughly and honestly lay out your responses to all categories in a clear and concise manner. This includes providing any adverse background information. We can help you write responses that paint your character and your history in the best light possible. Contact Bell Law Group, PLLC today.