Employment Law for Employees
Fighting an employer of any size is not an easy task. Indeed, it is an insurmountable task for most lawyers who are untrained in private employee law. This means you must take extra care to find yourself an employment lawyer in New York who is experienced in and knowledgeable of the relevant systems, processes, and courts. You’ll find such a lawyer at Bell Law Group, PLLC.We Handle all Private Employment Law Claims
Each of our lead attorneys has spent at least 10 years zealously representing the interests and rights of employees against small and large employers in a variety of employment claims, including those involving:
- Wage and hour law: We work hard on behalf of employees who have not received the compensation they are due, whether it is in the form of overtime pay, minimum wage or even a final payment after dismissal.
- Sexual harassment: It is illegal under New York State law to sexually harass an individual in the workplace. If your employer failed to provide you with a safe, harassment-free workplace, or if your employer is the one who sexually harassed you, talk to one of our lawyers immediately. We do not tolerate such behavior, and will quickly work toward righting the situation.
- Disability: On behalf of private employees, our legal team pursues a variety of disability claims, including denial of disability benefits and disability discrimination. If you have been treated unfairly with regard to a disability, turn to us for the support and advocacy you deserve.
- Internships: In general, New York employment laws do not govern internships. Even still, a court may find an intern is actually an employee and is thus deserving of minimum wage and overtime pay if certain characteristics are present. If you are currently an intern in name only, you should reach out to a lawyer who is experienced with pursuing wage and hour claims.
- Discrimination: From race discrimination to sex and age discrimination, our team of client-focused attorneys takes great care to fully pursue rights and remedies for individuals who have suffered due to discrimination.
- Severance agreements and employment contracts: Employment contracts and severance agreements require smart negotiations to ensure you do not sign away certain rights or privileges you are entitled to. That is where our legal team comes in. Our employment law focus over the years has allowed us to become intimately familiar with the many clauses that appear in these types of agreements. We can review any contract put before you with the goal of protecting your interests.
- Arbitration: Most arbitration clauses provide for representation by a union lawyer. We caution you against going that route, as a union lawyer is first and foremost accountable to the union itself. We suggest instead working with a knowledgeable New York State employment lawyer who will take every step with you, fully representing your interests all along the way.
We represent aggrieved employees throughout New York from our offices in New York City and Garden City. To learn more about our private employment law practice or to schedule your free consultation, contact our legal team at Bell Law Group, PLLC, at 855-566-2355.